Why is government important?
Government is defined as a group of people under a bureaucracy that has the power to rule and enforce laws. Government is really needed to manage and supervise a set of people and a certain country or society. Â Without the government, everything will not be in order.
Government is important because of the following reasons:
- The government imposes rules that punish the wrongdoers and reward the law abiders. If there is no government to make rules, it would be difficult to manage a whole society. Â There will be chaos and misunderstanding. Â Everyone will have freedom and each will claim his rights as appropriate even if these may harm his fellowmen.
- As human beings, we enjoy our rights such the right to live, right to eat, right to vote, right to education, etc. Â With the help of the government, these rights can be implemented properly and equally with the support coming from the governing body.
- The government exists because of the people. Â There is a mutual contract between the government and the people. Â It’s a relationship that binds the two together to achieve progress. Â The government must serve its people and the people must also follow the rules and regulations to have an orderly society.
- The government is the representation of the people living in that country. If there is no government, nothing will stand up for our decisions and feelings. Â The government is the voice of the people so it serves by corresponding to our needs and position to a certain idea or situation.
- Government is necessary to man because it protects us from injustice and oppression. Â The government supports its people through projects and programs that would sustain its citizens. Â If we are under a governing body, we are well assured that we get protected and sheltered.
Do you think the article can be improved? Share Your Expertise
You must be logged in to post a comment.